Happy Resurrection Day!
I believe that Jesus rose from the dead not merely as a religious dogma that can be self-serving and at times used as a bigoted “I-am-right-you-are-wrong” statement.
I believe the Resurrection because —
- I see Life transcending the seeming finality of death;
- I see the Light surpassing the seeming endlessness of darkness;
- I see Justice overcoming the seeming endless oppression of the powerless by the powerful;
- I see Hope out-living despair and hopelessness;
- I see peace in the face of people struggling in the midst of unpeace that surround them;
- I see Love conquering hatred and healing the wounds of bitterness;
- I see Compassion embracing all humanity and all creation as one inter-connected, mutually-energizing reality.
I see Reality from the lenses of Resurrection.
Christ is Risen!
Let’s Celebrate Life!