PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. commissioned four of our staff members to be the training consultants of the Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) Community Organizing and Fair Trade Coffee Farming in Bukidnon Province.
Joji and I, along with my mentor, Dr. Miriam Adeney (Professor of World Christian Studies, Seattle Pacific University), led in prayers and biblical reflections during the commissioning process.
Bennette Grace Tenecio (PBCI Director of Support Operations) and Mei Solocasa (PBCI Mindanao PeaceBuilding Coordinator) accompanied us and provided logistical support to the training consultants.
Renee Araneta Perrine (Director of Marketing, Hineleban Foundation, Inc.) welcomed and received the PBCI training consultants.
The members of the training consultants are:
- Kriz Cruzado — Director of Field Operations
- Regina Mondez — Development Communications Specialist
- Keith & Jenna Grubaugh — Technical Support, Arabica Coffee Farming
Their mission is to establish 12 PAR Community Organizing Teams within the next 12 months in various strategic areas in Bukidnon. Each 3-member PAR Community Organizing Team will have the following personnel with their designations and job descriptions:
PROJECT TEAM LEADER
- Oversee the whole activities of the project in the community
- Conceptualize strategies for the project in the community
- Immerse in the community at the same time
- Implements the macro operations of the project in the community
ASSISTANT TO THE PROJECT TEAM LEADER
- Assists the Project Team Leader
- Immerse in the community
- Does the Technical Work
- Team up with local project coordinator
- Attends the project team meeting
LOCAL PROJECT COORDINATOR
- Serves as a local facilitator for the team
- Serves as a guide within the community
- Helps facilitate local trainings
- Serves as a translator of the team
- Attends the training and meeting of the project team
This is done in partnership with Hineleban Foundation Inc., Unifrutti Group of Companies, and Unifrutti Foundation, Inc.