Bishop Efraim Tendero, National Director of the Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches (PCEC), and Bishop Genesis Udang of PCEC PAR Commission in Mindanao officially installed 18 key leaders from Region 10 who successfully completed the three-month Peace and Reconciliation (PAR) Seminar Series. These monthly seminar sessions were held in three different cities:
:: August 04-05, 2011 in Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental
:: September 01-02, 2011 in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental
:: October 10-12, 2011 in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon
The graduation ceremony and commissioning service were held last Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 1900H in Malaybalay City.
The new officers of PCEC’s Region PAR Commission are as follows:
Regional Director: Rev. Alex Eduave
Secretary: Pastora Mayrle Jean Roa
Treasurer: Pastor Cezar Egano
Transporter: Pastor Pancho Faburada
Provincial & City Directors:
- Cagayan de Oro City – Pastor Fernando Supangan
- Gingoog City – Pastor Enrique Guevarra
- Ozamiz City – Pastor Birt Isaias Roa
- Tangub City – Pastor Brigido Pasok, Jr.
- Iligan City – Pastor Bayani Areola
- Malaybalay & Valencia Cities – Pastor Rodney Sarilla
- Oroquieta City – Pastor Lucresio Alaban
- Bukidnon Province – Pastor Provo Antipasado
- Misamis Oriental – Pastor Jerome Degamon
- Pastor Nasali Silva – Head
- Pastor Christopher Florita
- Pastor Fernando Supangan
- Pastor Enrique Guevarra
- Pastor Carlos Gallur
PeaceBuilders Community, Inc. (PBCI) facilitated the training of these PAR Leaders, who would, in turn, train and organize PAR Communities in their respective provinces, cities, and municipalities.
The PBCI PAR Training Consultants were:
- Rev. L. Daniel Pantoja, PeaceTheology & PeaceBuilding
- Joji Felicitas Pantoja, Fair Trade and Economic Sustainability
- Bennette Grace Tenecio, Trauma Healing
- Kriz Cruzado, Conflict Transformation
- Mei Solocasa, CrossCultural Communication
This PAR training and regional organization is a part of a wider vision: By December 31st, 2015, each of our 80 provinces will have a circle of God-fearing, justice-and-peace-oriented leaders called PAR Communities, who will organize, nurture, and oversee various PAR Teams, who will, in turn, implement just-peace oriented PAR Programs in their local contexts. This five-year plan governs all the current activities of PeaceBuilders Community as indicated in our Field Operations Map.