Joji & Dann Pantoja are beginning to use their Tagalog indigenous name — "Lakambini Mapayapa & Lakan Sumulong" — as they seek to practice peace and reconciliation principles in the armed conflicted areas in the Philippines. For them, "Lakambini & Lakan" is a statement that their indigenous identities can be a redeeming factor in healing their ‘being’ — that is, who they are as community members of particular ethno-linguistic groups who are in a journey-of-healing from the wounds of colonial oppression. "Lakambini & Lakan" also helps them symbolize their determination to contribute to what they believe, as a people, ought to be ‘doing’ — that is, active, non-violent, radical transformation. Finally, "Lakambini & Lakan" is a statement of determination how they view their priorities on what they and their small organization will be ‘having’ — that is, hope-filled communities practicing inclusive development based on justice and peace.
- By Lakambini at Lakan
Peace and Reconciliation. Inclusive Development. Social Entrepreneurship. These are the dominant terms that floated when we were doing content analysis of our current ministry. Once more, we’re defining and clarifying the basic concepts and activities involved in our mission as we’re signing a renewed three-year Covenant of Service (2021-2024) with Mennonite Church Canada Witness. We are grateful for this blessing and are excited to be entrusted with a set of field responsibilities.
Permanent link to this article: https://waves.ca/2021/05/31/peace-and-reconciliation-through-inclusive-development-and-social-entrepreneurship/
- BEING JESUS’ WITNESSES IN THE CONTEXT OF HISTORICAL INJUSTICES — PART 1 OF 3
- BEING JESUS’ WITNESSES IN THE CONTEXT OF HISTORICAL INJUSTICES — PART 2 OF 3
- BEING JESUS’ WITNESSES IN THE CONTEXT OF HISTORICAL INJUSTICES — PART 3 OF 3
- BIBLICAL NONVIOLENCE IS BASED ON A HOLISTIC VIEW OF REALITY
- FIELD NOTES AND REFLECTION ON THE MEANING OF ‘VIOLENT EXTREMISM’
- I STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE PALESTINIANS; I PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF BOTH JEWS AND PALESTINIANS
- LIVING THE ‘KINGDOM ETHICS’ AND BEING LIBERATED FROM FEAR-ORIENTED OUTLOOK