60 peacebuilding leaders from all over the Philippines gathered together for the purpose of “Consensus-Building on Transitions, Contingencies and Prospects for the Bangsamoro”. It was held last 09-11 January 2016 at The Pinnacle Hotel, Davao City.
I participated to listen to how the people on the ground — Bangsamoro (MILF, MNLF), Indigenous Peoples, Settlers — would answer the following questions:
- What is the current state of the Bangsamoro Basic Law?
- What are the key issues and obstacles to the envisioned Bangsamoro?
- What needs to be done?
- How can we as leaders respond to and address the key issues?
- What concrete actions can we do in the Senate and the House of Representatives in the remaining sessions?
- If there is no BBL, what is Plan B?
- How can we concretely engage the election to further advance the Bangsamoro?
Their answers to these questions wil help our national peace movement in our strategic and tactical plans.